common grace ministries
logo
)
home WHY connect
be say
do EDGE EDOC WINDRIDERS
Common Grace Diaspora
From 1998 to 2008, CGM
diaspora

Saturday, December 12, 2009

A link to a flicker of light

I don't know if many of you have heard of Josh Garrels, a musician; I had not until a couple months ago. You may or may not like his style and vocals if you give them a listen, but two songs from his album Jacaranda really struck a CGM chord in my soul. I'll give a snippet of each:

From "A Season of Rain"

"So faint the impatient can’t hear--the sound of the one without years
The culmination of every child’s tears form a tide breaking on the eternal lands

Time stands still in the moment when we are healed

I questioned if this was real but then I opened up my heart and I could feel

The feather of a bird in the wind, fire in the brush if we only speak when we must---A hush of heart will become a good treausure


And from "Desert Father"

Hold on All you Who wait by the blue shores For Him

To part the water Desert Father Show us a new way

The impossible dream Through the deep and the unseen --- Carry us home



It just so happened that I ran across his blog looking for some lyrics. Read about his project, and hear how he states his values. I found it encouraging and a flicker of light that reflects some of the things we hold dearly.

http://joshgarrels.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.html

hannukkah and Christmas blessings to all

j

No comments:

Post a Comment

A nonprofit organism dedicated to
(
be say do