common grace ministries
logo
)
home WHY connect
be say
do EDGE EDOC WINDRIDERS
Common Grace Diaspora
From 1998 to 2008, CGM
diaspora

Friday, December 10, 2010

Pieces of other People

I carry pieces of other people around. I have treasured you in my heart, or saved a note or card or trinket or I have written words from your mouth on scraps of paper-receipts, church programs, business cards. These might be some of those words:

Warriors Know


What is Peace between God and Man?

The time is at hand--
through the blizzard of troubles
we wrap our injured flesh around You.

Warriors know zeal is not circumstantial.
What keeps you captive?
A multitude of unknowns?

The answer lies in what you are wanting. In the starving.

Provide the sacrifice-whole. Shalom.
Overwhelm the temple of today.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, SIster! I believe much of eternity will be spent in entering and embracing the whole (the light, the salt, the flavor, the color, the shape, the poetry) of another as a glorious fulfillment of Christ's prayer in the 17th chapter of the Third Gospel regarding the Oneness of His children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss writing with you. So many photographs flash through my mind as I read your words.

    ReplyDelete

A nonprofit organism dedicated to
(
be say do